4 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Using a small, sharp, pointed knife, cut small slits evenly into surface of both legs of lamb. Place a slice of lamb in each slit.
- Rub lamb with mustard. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- Place legs of lamb on a rack in a large roasting tin. Roast lamb 40 to 50 minutes for rare, 50 to 60 minutes for medium, 60 to 70 minutes for well done.
- Transfer lamb to a carving board, cover with foil to keep warm, and let it stand for 10 minutes. Pour pan drippings into a saucepan. Spoon off fat.
- Carve lamb and arrange slices on a warm serving platter. Serve with hot pan juices in a sauceboat.