2½ cups “cauli-rice”
¼ small red or yellow onion, minced
1 tsp garlic, minced
5 strips bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve one tbsp of bacon drippings)
2 cups cooked chicken (you can use shredded leftover chicken)
½ cup heavy whipping cream (preferably organic and grass fed)
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
2 tbsp butter (preferably organic, grass fed)
1¾ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (¼cup set aside)
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
- Sauté onion and garlic and place into a small container and set aside.2. In a medium sized casserole dish, combine cauli-rice, broccoli florets, onion and garlic and chicken into an even mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium sized casserole dish, combine cauli-rice, broccoli florets, onion and garlic and chicken into an even mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large sauce pan, combine cream, yogurt, butter, salt and pepper and heat over low-medium heat until mixture begins to simmer. Use a whisk to constantly stir the mixture. Once smooth and hot, add in 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese. Continue to whisk the mixture together over low-medium heat until the cheese is completely melted and does not stick to Pour the cheese sauce over the casserole mixture and gently stir to assure the sauce coats the mixture evenly.
- Top the casserole with ¼ cup cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon pieces. Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly.
- Allow casserole to cool for 10 minutes then serve.
Total Fat 13 g
Sodium 377 mg
Potassium 223 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g