½ red pepper (diced)
½ red onion (diced)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Old El Paso spice mix (or something more lchf friendly)
½ cup cheddar cheese
- Lay out 8 strips of bacon on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Fold up every other piece and then lay in horizontal pieces of bacon.
- Alternate vertical strips and make rows of bacon until you complete the weave. Bake the bacon at 220°C for 15-20 minutes. Drain off grease, flip the weave, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add diced veggies to a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add seasoning to the veggies and cook until they are soft.
- When bacon weave is cooked, let it cool a bit and then cut off corners of the weave to form a circle (if you want).
- Add veggies to one half of the weave and top with cheese. Fold the bacon over itself and add the weave to the skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the quesadilla for a few minutes per side until cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy. Remove from the pan and let the quesadilla cool for a bit.
- Slice the quesadilla into quarters and serve with sour cream and cilantro (coriander).