Paste of 3 garlic cloves
Paste of ½ inch piece of ginger
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp fresh Coriander or Cilantro green paste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chili – optional
1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
4 tbsp of butter
2 cardamoms green
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup chopped coriander for garnish
2tbsp Tomato puree optional
Pink and White Salt to taste
- Combine in a bowl the chicken pieces, the garlic and ginger paste, salt, red chilly powder and the yogurt. Let it sit in the refrigerator for two to three hours.
- Now take a wok and melt the butter in it. Drop the cinnamon stick, and the crushed cardamom in it.
- Next add the chicken and cook it on high heat till it turns a nice golden. You can also grill it on a pan.
- Add the tomato puree and lower the heat. Keep stirring from time to time till the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander paste and the garam masala.
- The coconut milk or cream can be added now, cook for a few more minutes and garnish with the coriander. Add a little food colour if you want it to look red.
Total Fat 18 g27 %
Sodium 387 mg
Potassium 126 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 23 g