3 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic
¼ cup water
12 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup parmesan cheese
ground black pepper
3 rashers bacon, diced
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a 24cm non stick or seasoned frying [pan and gently pan fry asparagus for about 5 minutes, uncovered until softened and lightly coloured, adding garlic for the last minute of cooking.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook half covered until asparagus are just tender but still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside
- In a bowl, mix egg, parmesan, pepper, and oregano.
- Rinse out and wipe the pan, and add 2 tbs oil and reheat on medium. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes until lightly coloured. Pour in egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes, pulling in the edges a little to allow the uncooked mixture to run to the edge. Arrange asparagus spears decoratively on the eggs.
- Continue cooking until partially set and the underneath is golden. Place pan underneath preheated griller until the top is a light golden colour.
- Slice the frittata into wedges and serve hot or cold with a green salad.